Sunday 17 February 2013

Getting With the Times.

To date it's all been reviews of some of my more memorable reads, direct from my personal library.  That will continue as I try to build content, but I figured it's time to start with some more recent material.  So today I have picked up a copy of Peter V. Brett's The Daylight War.  It's one of the more anticipated releases for the year, so I'll power through it and pass on my thoughts.

For those who don't know, The Daylight War is volume 3 of Brett's Demon Cycle, which tells the tale of a once thriving world, laid low by the attacks of Demons known as Corelings.  With the art of warding (magically endowed runes which arm people against Demons) lost, humanity is forced to hide behind lesser wards of defence every night.

The series follows three main characters: Arlen, Leesha and Rojer, with points of views from other characters - most notably Ahmann Jardir who takes upon himself the title of Deliverer.

Stay tuned and I'll endeavour to have my review up ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment