Friday 8 February 2013

The Notorious Opener

So it's time for the notoriously awkward first post.

Consider it a place holder.  A necessary evil on the way to the all important second post, which will no doubt be all business.

Awkwardness aside, let's get down to brass tacks.  As the bio says, I'm a sucker for a good story.  Not just speculative fiction either.  So why a spec fiction blog?  At the end of the day, I'm a nerd.  And there's something about stepping into the "other" which just excites me.

That may be all you need to know - other than the obvious.  Yes, I'm a voracious reader.  Yes, I grew up on the fantasy staples of Tolkien, Lewis, White, Donaldson etc.   Yes, I'm bursting with my need to share it all with you.  And you know what?  Given that this is a new blog, by the time anyone visits, this post will be buried in the archives.  So none of that even matters.

Onwards.  

No comments:

Post a Comment